PixelCount Studios has announced that Kynseed will be released for PC on December 6th. Developed by PixelCount Studios – an independent studio founded by former Fable developers – Kynseed is a Life Sim Sandbox RPG where players build an everlasting legacy.
In Kynseed, players plant a mystical horn and turn it into a family tree, with their choices creating branches. Players will create a family, farm the land, run a business, and explore a vast world as its inhabitants grow old and reveal their secrets. When a player character dies, control passes to their children and the adventure continues for generations.
An epic tale of adventure and ambition unfolds in a beautifully crafted world as players discover the secrets of Quill Land and its memorable heroes.
- The story of a generation. Embark on an epic adventure filled with joy, sadness, comedy, and tragedy, where choices matter and decisions resonate across generations.
- run a business Forge tools like a blacksmith, run a shop, mix potions like an apothecary, or find other ways to create wealth.
- A world of exploration. The land of Quill is full of fabulous characters, secrets, dangers and dark creatures to fight.
- Cultivate the land. Prepare ingredients for food and medicine, cultivate the land and build a house for your family.
- Develop relationships. Quill is full of colorful NPCs who will remember your actions and jokes.
- Find proverbs. Unlock the wisdom and secrets of this mysterious dark fairy world.
- Collect the materials. Find food and farm to craft items, prepare recipes or mix cures for many strange ailments.
“Kynseed is the game we’ve always dreamed of making”said Neil Whitehead, co-founder of PixelCount. “When Charlie and I first met, we were united by our shared passion for quirky, unique and very British adventures, which we’ve been able to develop with the Lionhead team, and we’re sure we’re not alone. Over the past few years at Kynseed, we’ve seen our Early Access community grow to over 100,000 players. We look forward to opening the land of Quill to even more players, and we can promise that launch day will not be the end of this tale…”
PixelCount Studios is chaired by gaming industry legend Sir Ian Livingstone. Sir Ian is known as one of the founders of Games Workshop (Warhammer), the fighting fantasy adventure book series Eidos (Tomb Raider) and general partner of Hiro Capital. Sir Ian is an investor, consultant and business mentor at PixelCount and has brought his decades of experience in game mechanics to the development of Kynseed.
“When I discovered Kynseed, I immediately wanted to know more about the team behind it”said Sir Ian Livingstone. “I contacted Neil and Charlie in 2020 and found out they were former members of the Lionhead’s Fable team. I thought Kynseed was a game with incredible potential and I wanted to help them bring their vision to the world. There are many things to do when playing Kynseed, from exploring, doing quests, foraging, farming and breeding, to exciting battles with strange creatures. The fight alone is worth the game! I hope people enjoy the beautifully designed game Neil and Charlie, because what they have created is something special. “
Kynseed launches for PC on December 6th and is available for pre-order on Steam: