through leakage Ubisoft StoreAssassin’s Creed Mirage has been confirmed, a game featuring Basim and described as “Back to Basics” for the franchise.
The most interesting thing is that it is an extension called Forty Thieves.
There is a possibility that the content is inspired by a fairy tale Ali Baba and the Forty ThievesThe door shown below that opens with the iconic magic phrase “Sesame”.
An official announcement from the studio shouldn’t take long.
Some of the speculated details are:
- The final title will be Assassin’s Creed Mirage (now confirmed)
- Launch next spring (April to June)
- It will be set between 860 and 870 in Baghdad during the anarchy in Samarra.
- You will play as Basim in his youth, still a thief, until he joins the hidden
- It’s back to basics with a lot of inspiration from the original game in the franchise.
- A few RPG elements have been removed: no dialogue choices, no genre choices (obviously) or a level system
- The gameplay will be a bit different from Valhalla, less raw and with new animations
- Eagle Vision is back, at the same time as “Drone Bird”
- Basim will be able to use a short sword to eliminate opponents
- There will be “visions of Loki” to show how this will consume Basim throughout the narrative
It should be remembered that Ubisoft plans to reveal details of the future of the franchise on September 10.
According to the YouTuber John Nathanwho previously provided accurate information, a remake of the original game is also in development.
The project is based exactly Assassin’s Creed MirageThe creative team reuses different elements of the game.
The intention would be to integrate it into the Mirage Season Pass, which could also be expanded to Constantinople (where Bassim meets Sigurd).
Another expectation is due Assassin’s Creed Infinitydescribed as“The most ambitious title in the franchise”who has an idea “Connect all upcoming games in one service title”.
In this, the Animus will play a very important role in this type of new hub.
Through it, players will be able to travel whenever they want, with additional options and content to be added over the next few years.
In recent months, the studio has begun hiring employees for “online services” positions.
The intention is for Infinity to be an extension of the franchise while staying true to the narrative experience.
The studio believes that this will be the next project “Exciting and Ambitious”With the potential to attract new players, increasing the level of recurring revenue.