The Super Nintendo is a popular console, with thousands of units sold worldwide. Although The video game wasn’t the only one to achieve such high praiseGiven that their games were also very successful with the community and acquisitions.
In this way, the team voxel brings this special that has been twenty of the platform’s best-selling titles over the years. Without further ado, check out the top 30 below:
1. Super Mario World – 20.61 million units
Super Mario World appears in the first position without much strangeness. After all, it was the title that accompanied the majority of Super Nintendos sold worldwide, making it the best-selling game on the table.
two. Super Mario All-Stars – 10.55 million units
Super Mario All-Stars It was also accompanied by a number of Super Nintendo units, but gained public attention as a separately sold title. After all, in addition to bringing a few games with the role of a plumber, we still had a remake of an already established Super Mario Bros. 3 – that is, a first-class package for fans of the character.
3. Donkey Kong Country – 9.3 million units
once Donkey Kong Country It was announced that it caught the attention of several people. The quality of the game was such that many rushed to guarantee their copy, which reached an incredible mark of 9.3 million units sold.
4. Super Mario Kart – 8.76 million units
Well, we have another mustache-starring title on this list. Super Mario Kart Launched the racing series with the heroes of the Mushroom Kingdom, and it didn’t take much effort to break into the top five best-selling titles for Nintendo’s 16-bit console.
5. Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior – 6.3 million units
Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior It was, at the time, a very good conversion from the arcade version, giving many people a chance to enjoy a great game without burning a lot of money in chips. No wonder it became the best-selling fighting game on the platform.
6. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest – 5.15 million units
Many consider it the best of the trilogy. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest surpassed the 5 million copies sold mark, thanks to a powerful package that not only elevated what was seen in the original title, but also brought innovations such as more bonus stages, new animal allies and, of course, the fun you’ve come to expect. all. society.
7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past – 4.61 million units
Legend of Ზelda It was already established as an important Nintendo series when the Super Nintendo was released. In this way, when A link to the past When it hit stores, the franchise-following public already had an idea of what was coming — and those unfamiliar with the series were ultimately surprised.
8. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island – 4.12 million units
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island brought the friendly dinosaur Yoshi as the main character in a completely different game on the console. The graphics, which looked like pencil drawings, and the fact that he was carrying a baby on his back (who cried a lot when he was away from the mountain) were liked by the public.
9. Street Fighter 2 Turbo – 4.1 million units
Street Fighter 2 Turbo This is an expanded version of what we saw in Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior. Among the innovations was the ability for two people to choose the same character and even bosses in the fighter selection screen, making this Street Fighter another bestseller on the platform.
10. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble! – 3.51 million units
We close our top 10 Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble As a title that occupies the tenth position. In this way, the trilogy Donkey Kong It has blessed itself as the only series on the platform where every game has been released as a top seller.
The list above brought out who were the best-selling titles of all time on the platform. However, we’ve decided to expand this list a bit so you can have an idea of which other games had the most output before the 30th position. Check:
- 11. Final Fantasy 3 – 3.42 million units
- 12. killer instinct – 3.2 million units
- 13. DragonQuest VI (JP) – 3.2 million units
- 14. Star Fox – 2.9 million units
- 15. F-Zero – 2.85 million units
- 16. DragonQuest V (JP) – 2.8 million units
- 17. Final Fantasy V (JP) – 2.45 million units
- 18. Mario Paint – 2.31 million units
- 19. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars – 2.14 million units
- 20. Chrono Trigger – 2.03 million units
- 21. pilotings – 2 million units
- 22. Super Street Fighter 2 – 2 million units
- 23. SimCity – 1.98 million units
- 24. The secret of mana – 1.83 million units
- 25. Final Fantasy IV – 1.8 million units
- 26. Aladdin – 1.75 million units
- 27. Super Puyo Puyo (JP) – 1.7 million units
- 28. Super scale 6 – 1.65 million units
- 29. Mortal Kombat 2 – 1.51 million units
- 30. Romancing SaGa 2 (JP) – 1.48 million units