Techland, the creator of Dying Light, is developing a high-investment action RPG. A fantastically themed and open world action project with developers from Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher 3 and even Horizon Zero Dawn.
After mentioning the constant support for Dying Light 2 – again promising content for the next five years – the studio’s CEO Paul Marchevka talked a bit about the new IP.
At the same time [que produzimos mais conteúdo para Dying Light 2], Our ambition is to introduce a new IP that is very different from what we have been doing in recent years. We want to create the latest experience. A new epic fantastic game set in a vast open world, enhanced by the skills and experiences we have gained as a team over the years, is full of new ideas, passion and creativity.
Nevertheless, according to Marchevka, the revelation will take place only when there is a suitable time.
While we can not share more details about the project at this time, we are all focused and looking forward to showing it to the players when the time is right.
The first concept art has already been released by the developer. The picture shows the ruined structure, surrounded by trees and beautiful waterfalls. The man is also seen. Check:
Techland RPG has big names for development
Techland continues to search for new developers to take care of other areas of the game. Nevertheless, the title direction already has developers who have experience in the core works of the industry. Check:
- Carolina Stachira: Narrative Director, former CDPR (The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 3);
- Akadiusz Borovik: Head of Narrative, former CDPR (The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 3)
- Bartosz Ochman: Director of Open World, formerly of the CDPR (Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3);
- Davic McClure: Lead Designer, Former Arkane Studios (Deathloop);
- Kevin Quad: Head of Animation, Former Guerrilla Games (Horizon Zero Dawn and Frozen Wilds DLC);
- Marcin Surosz: Head of User Interface, formerly People Can Fly;
- Mario Maltese: Creative Director, formerly Ubisoft (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), formerly Warner Bros. (Mad Max) and former Microsoft;
Looking forward to the next release from Techland? Comment on the session below!