Several sites such as Game Informer, IGN (1, 2), the Washington Post, PlayStation.Blog and Square Enix itself have released interviews with the producer. Final Fantasy XVINaoki Yoshida.
Below you can find the news from the whole interview.
- The game will not be an open world. Final Fantasy XVI Focus on an area-based design so that it sounds similar Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Which was also considered a sacred open world game when it was first announced last year. But regardless Final fantasy While not a traditional open world game in itself, Yoshida says he will need a lot of inspiration from AAA Open World RPGs, though he does not name any specific details.
- Yoshida also believes that the game’s story – which he says is not a happy tale and covers the environment, Valisthea, which is much darker than previous games – will have comprehensive themes that remind you of what fans of the series expected.
Hero and party
- Clive (player-controlled hero) is accompanied by one or more party members. These satellites will take part in the battle, in addition to exchanging jokes with Clive. That said, party members will be controlled by artificial intelligence so players can focus only on controlling the clive.
- Players follow Clive’s life in three stages: adolescence, 20 and 30 years.
Icons and combat system
- Icons (call name FFXVI) Appear in many different situations and repetitions. There is no design concept that encompasses them all. Some will confront Clive as fierce enemies, some will be friends and help Clive, Yoshida explains. “There will also be a time when the player will control Eikon in real time, fighting other icons. The type and scale of the fight is somewhat fluid and changes smoothly in real time, depending on the fight… as interestingly as possible keeps the sink. These diverse types of action-oriented battles led by Eikon are one of the main selling points. [de Final Fantasy XVI]And we will offer more about them in the coming months. “
- “[Final Fantasy VII Remake] Would not exist without it [Final Fantasy VII original]And these original systems influenced what became Remake. [Final Fantasy XVI]However, there is a completely new game with a completely different concept. “Instead of building the series in a new direction, rather than building on old combat systems, director Hiroshi Takai and combat director Riota Suzuki focused on real-time action,” explains Yoshida. “Translating traditional calling skills into player actions and exchanging these skills in real-time in combat has allowed us to create a system that not only looks great, but is also very good for playing.”
- Valistea icons are similar to weapons of mass destruction in the real world. Each nation has one who lives in a host of people who inherit their powers by special rules. These hosts are known as dominants and each dominant has the power to physically transform into their own icon. When the ether supplied by the Mother Crystals fades and the Valistea nations wage war to obtain the crystals of their rivals, they resort to sending their icons to the battlefield against each other. Main plot Final Fantasy XVI Revolves around the dominants and their icons.
- “For the combat system, we have given not only the protagonist, Clive, an arsenal of powerful attacks and abilities based on these traditional quests. Final fantasyBut we also allow these attacks to deal with these attacks in real time. [Isso permite] Strong combinations and sleek, elegant gameplay that looks and feels great. ”
- However, the overall design of the game for these Eikon battles against Eikon, must be unique and we do not actually use the exact same system twice. Each fight is completely unique in its style of play and that is why we are doing something crazy. For example, maybe Eikon fight against Eikon, if you have Eikon A against Eikon B, this fight will remind you of a 3D shooter. While another icon looks like a more professional fight against another icon, and maybe even a third with one icon against another icon will turn the whole area into a battlefield. And yet, we do not use these systems again and each of these Eikon vs. Eikon battles is unique and will change with each battle. Because of this and because the battles are very different in nature, the UI has to change for each battle. So you will see small differences in the UI between these battles. However, we eventually had to cut a lot out of this trailer because it ends up being a story spoiler and we didn’t want to do that.
- Sokeni in Masayos is the composer of the game. The whole music is not ready yet, but Soken is the type of composer who loves to move parts of the game soundtrack into trailers.
- “The Square Enix Kingdom Hearts team was especially helpful in contributing to this real-time battle and boss battles,” Yoshida said. “It can be said that the fights at FFXVI are, to some extent, the culmination of the company’s past experience.
- The team was led by Combat Director Riota Suzuki, a former Capcom who assisted in the design Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Devil May Cry 5 And Dragon DogmaYoshida says she feels equally confident. Issues that plagued the franchise’s previous games – including combat animations, combat fluid, and confusing user interfaces – were eased under Suzuki leadership.
- Final Fantasy XVI It is currently fully playing from beginning to end, but the sounds in many languages have yet to be recorded, and since this is a very action-oriented game, the difficulty adjustment, final correction of the scenes will require a lot of game testing. , And more ..
- A third trailer is scheduled for release this spring that will focus more on the world, history and story.
Final Fantasy XVI Released in the Brazilian winter of 2023 for the PS5.