This is a news release from Combo, Folha’s Games. Want to get it every Monday in your email? Sign up below.
When asked by a fan during BlizzCon 2018 whether “Diablo Immortal” would be released for PC, White Cheng, one of Blizzard’s leading game designers, said it was not out of plans. At that time, the new game franchise, which was consolidated on computers, would only be available for mobile phones.
The reaction of the audience was Cheng’s numbness, who laughed: “Guys, do not you have cell phones?” This moment has gone viral and, almost four years later, the game will be released this Thursday (2) for mobile phones and computers.
“Immortal” is the fourth title in the action RPG franchise, which launched in 1997 with “Diablo”. Since then Blizzard has released only two other sequels, “Diablo II” (2000) and “Diablo III” (2012).
The title, which continues the chronology of the series, “Diablo IV”, has been awaited by fans at the 2018 event but has not been announced next year. Originally scheduled for 2022, the game has been postponed and does not yet have a release date.
The story of “Immortal” develops between “Diablo II” and “Diablo III” – which does not arouse much interest as a sequel – and gradually attracts more conservative fans and attracts new interest.
Still in the alpha and beta phases, the game proved that it managed to use the mechanics of “Diablo” on the screen of a mobile phone. That even persuaded Blizzard to come back and release it for the PC – the title will now have crossplay and cross-platform progress transfers.
“The crucial factor was that we knew many of you would try this game emulator, which led to a better experience,” the company explained in a PC release in April.
Developed by Blizzard in partnership with Chinese company NetEase, one of the world’s leading mobile game developers, the game will be the first free “Diablo” MMO elements. In it, players will be able to choose between six classes of characters, interact with and. Participate in real-time events.
“Diablo Immortal” is part of a context in which mobile games are still in the background by some of the major companies in the sector such as Sony and Nintendo. Despite the popularity of mobile games, the culture of video games revolves around triple A titles – with a multi-million budget. By introducing a franchise of this size on mobile phones, Blizzard is trying to bridge the gap between the two models.
Mobile games are a more affordable alternative for both gamers and developers. Using a mobile phone is cheaper than building a gaming PC or buying a console, and manufacturing for this platform requires on average less investment.
While the announcement of the PC version is a step back from Blizzard, bringing a Diablo mobile phone without new subtitles after 10 years is a bold move.
According to consulting firm Newzoo, the mobile gaming market accounts for 51% of the sector this year, with a move of about $ 103 billion. According to the Games Brasil 2022 survey, 48.3% of gamers in Brazil prefer mobile phones as a means of consuming games, an increase of 6.7 percentage points compared to last year’s survey.
“I believe Diablo Immortal is going to change a lot of people ‘s minds about mobile gaming,” said Wyatt Cheng, who was also the director of Diablo III. “That was one of our goals from the beginning. We are going to raise the bar for what people expect from mobile games.”
Game tips, new or old, for you to test
(Nintendo Switch, PS 4/5, PC, Xbox One / S / X)
Inspired by the “Legend of Zelda”, “Metro”, “Castlevania” and “Dark Souls”, “Unsighted” tells the story of a world whose main non-renewable resource is running out and salvation depends on the black Android. Developed by Studio. Pixel Punk has appeared in the list of the top ten of 2021 by Polygon, one of the main gaming machines.
News, startups, business and more importantly
- “Modern Warfare 2”, the next game in the Call of Duty franchise, will be released on October 28 this year. Activision Blizzard game is a continuation of the 2019 reboot. The title will be cross-platform, despite the fact that publisher Microsoft bought it earlier this year for $ 68.7 billion.
- The organizer of the sports tournament ESL has announced that the next World Cup “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive” (CS: GO) will be held in Brazil. Intel Extreme Masters (IEM) Rio Major 2022 starts on October 31 in Rio de Janeiro. The event will bring together 24 teams and will have a prize pool of $ 1 million.
- The next State of Play, Sony event dedicated to announcing new subtitles for the PlayStation, will take place on Thursday (2) at 19:00 (Brazilian time). The broadcast takes place against the backdrop of the Summer Game Festival, which will be held on the 9th. The Microsoft Xbox & Bethesda Showcase event is scheduled for the 12th.
- Polish producer CD Projekt doubled its profits in the first quarter of this year. After correcting the deficiencies in the title with the support of sales renewal of “Cyberpunk 2077”, the company’s net profit increased by 112% and amounted to 68.9 million zlotys ($ 16 million).
- Electronic Arts has announced the sequel to “Star Wars Jedi: Survivor,” a sequel to “Jedi: Fallen Order,” which was released in 2019. Scheduled for 2023, the new title will be held five years after the first events and will be as well. The protagonist is Cal Kestis.
Games that will be released in the coming days and promotions that are worth it
“Silt”: BRL 71.89 (Nintendo Switch), Price Unavailable (PS 4/5, Xbox One / X / S, PC)
Souldiers: R $ 45.99 (Nintendo Switch), Price Unavailable (PS 4/5, Xbox One / X / S, PC)
Promotions of the week
The collection “BioShock: The Collection” is free until next Thursday (26) at the Epic Games Store. The package includes “BioShock”, “BioShock 2” and “BioShock: Infinite” and all additional contents.
The PlayStation Store Days of Play promotion runs through June 8 and has discounted titles like “Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga”, “Dying Light 2”, “Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart” and “Final Fantasy VII”.
Question of the Week
What came out about the games paper