Sales have had a big impact with the arrival of the new generation version
The effect of “Cyberpunk 2077” on the gaming industry was, to put it mildly, excellent and it taught everyone (hopefully) what not to do. Be that as it may, CD Projekt Red’s latest title has brought a lot in terms of profit and The new generation console version simply doubled the developer’s revenue in the first quarter of this year.
The report (via Gameindustry.biz) is for the first three months of the year ending March 31st. Overall, the CDPR was revenue PLN 216.1 million (US $ 50.4 million)Growth 9% From year to year. See other numbers below:
CDPR revenue in the first quarter of 2022
- CD Projekt Red Revenue: 179.3 million PLN ($ 41.8 million)
- GOG Income: 40.4 million PLN ($ 9.4 million)
- Operating Costs: PLN 83.2 million (US $ 19.4 million) – 10% less
- Income before taxes: PLN 85.3 million ($ 19.9 million) – 98% increase
- Net profit: PLN 68.9 million (US $ 16.1 million) – Twice as much as the first quarter 2021 net profit of 112%
- Profit margin: 31.9%, compared to 16.4% in the same period last year
One of the biggest contributors to these numbers Cyberpunk 2077 release for the new generationThen there were other versions that continued to receive updates, leaving the game in a much better position compared to its release.
Adam Kiczynski, CEO of CDPR, said the launch of the next generation “had a positive impact on game perception and sales, especially on consoles.” The report also lists the PC version as the best-selling before February 14, the day before the release of the next generation Cyberpunk 2077.
– Continues after advertising –
From February 15 to March 31, total game sales Has doubled and the PlayStation 5 is the console with the largest share. The game has already sold over 18 million units.
Now that CDPR can breathe better after the game is out, the developer team is focused on the first narrative-focused expansion that will be scheduled for next year.
Thinking of buying a product online? Discover the Adrenaline Save extension for Google Chrome. It is free and offers price comparisons in major stores and coupons so you can always buy at the best price. Sign up now.
Source: Gaming Industry