Microsoft has made the impossible reality of playing PlayStation exclusives on Xbox, though certainly not in the way that many would like. It turns out that now you can install an application called Wireless display which will allow you to stream games directly to your console (Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S) from the PC they’re running on. So in theoryAny PC game can be played on your consoleBut only saw stream.
This translates to playing PlayStation exclusives on Xbox as long as you have a PC with the specs to run the game properly and mirror the stream as well Good internet connection. If you meet these requirements, here we will explain how you can play PC games on Xbox. Thanks to this, they were able to play Spider-Man on Xbox Series X.
Playing PlayStation exclusives on Xbox, like any other PC game, is easy, but in terms of requirements. You need a Windows 10 or 11 PC and an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S console, you might not know that these devices have some interesting cross-functionality. With Microsoft’s Wireless Display app, you can easily cast what’s on your PC to your Xbox; You can even control it from the console and it’s incredibly easy to set up.
Spider-Man on Xbox, say what?! 😉 pic.twitter.com/3S10hILrB6
— Tom Warren (@tomwarren) August 13, 2022
Now we can play PlayStation exclusives on Xbox!
And no, this is not a joke. Thanks to the Wireless Display app, we can now enjoy all the exclusive games #Game station available #PRAÇA directly to us #Xbox one or #XboxSeries X|S pic.twitter.com/K9EOK9DWaX
— Thomas 🇮🇱🇫🇷 « Next 12 months » (@x_gamer_kid) August 13, 2022
To achieve this, you need to follow the steps below to play PlayStation exclusives on Xbox:
- Install the game you want to stream on your computer
- Install the Wireless Display app on your Xbox
- Go to your computer. When you’re ready to stream some content, press the Windows + K keyboard shortcut. You can also click Connect to a wireless monitor in the View menu of your system settings. Anyway, the next screen will show your console name.
- In the settings window, you need to select the button that will allow you to transfer PC games from your Xbox with the controller. You can also choose to zoom in on your computer monitor, mirror it, or set up a second screen on your Xbox display.
- Once connected, you’ll see a small floating taskbar on top of your computer monitor and on your wirelessly connected TV. It allows you to adjust quality settings between Game, Work or Movie modes. The Game setting is best if you only play PC games, as it offers the lowest latency when using a controller.
- The option to stream audio to your Xbox is in the list of playback devices when you click the sound icon in the system tray.
- Finally, Microsoft says you can’t use the Wireless Display app to view what it considers “protected content.” However, you can stream as much as you want through your web browser.