Indie developer Midjiwan AB has announced that its 4x dynamic strategy game, The Battle of Polytopia, is coming to Switch on October 13th. This release includes all the core titles already available on Steam, App Store, Google Play and Tesla Arcade, as well as support for controls and touchscreens. The game is now available for pre-order on the eShop.
“Polytopia is designed for strategy fans looking for quick yet intense matches of world domination, at home or on the road.” This is perfect for Nintendo’s hybrid console,” said Christian Lövstedt, General Manager of Midjiwan AB. “Our current players define it as the chess of the 21st century!”
Check out the trailer for Battle of Polytopia on Switch below:
More details, via Midjiwan AB:
The Switch is the first home console to receive The Battle of Polytopia. With over 1 million downloads on PC, Mac and mobile devices, the game is known for its strategic depth, simple interface and original art style. Even Tesla car owners have access to the game in the car itself.
On the pitch, or in the strange world of warring Polytopians, Polytopian Battle puts players in the shoes of the ruler of one of 12 tribes, each with their own characteristics and technologies. Build and expand your civilization by competing with other tribes, researching new inventions, and using powerful magic found along the way.
Check out the full list of features in The Battle of Polytopia for Switch below:
– 4x (eXplore, eXpanda, eXtraia and eXtermine).
– Exploration, strategy, agriculture, construction, warfare and technology research.
– All 12 regular tribes: Xin-Xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk.
– Three game modes: Perfection, Domination and Creativity
– Mirror matches (find opponents with the same tribe).
– Customizable map types: Mainland, Lakes, Continents, Archipelago and Water World.
– Diverse tribes with unique nature, culture and gaming experience.
– Automatically generated maps make every match a new experience.
– Offline game support.
– Pass & Play.
– Beautiful graphics in low poly style.