During the event, the publisher revealed that the future of the franchise will be full of new content.
THE Ubisoft It was announced at the time Ubisoft ForwardOnline exhibition this Saturday (10), which Assassin’s Creed MirageThe next game in the Assassin’s Creed franchise will be released in 2023.
In addition to Mirage, Ubisoft also revealed that it is working on two major games codenamed RED and HEXE – which are part of a content hub called INFINITY – a AAA mobile game called JADE and partnership details. Netflix.
Assassin’s Creed Mirage
Assassin’s Creed Mirage was developed by Ubisoft Bordeaux Studio (Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids) and takes players to the 9th century city of Baghdad at the height of its golden age. The game will feature an open world and modernized gameplay that will focus on classic elements of the series such as parkour, stealth and assassinations. Players will take on the role of a new protagonist, Basim Ibn Ishaq, a street thief with a mysterious past who joins the hideouts in Alamut in search of answers. Basim’s mentor Roshan will be voiced by Emmy-winning actor Shohre Aghdashlo.
Assassin’s Creed Mirage is a tribute to the entire series and in particular to the first game in the Assassin’s Creed franchise. The announcement is accompanied by a cinematic trailer with an original score composed by Brendan Angelides, who is also the composer of the game’s music.
“For the franchise’s 15th anniversary, we wanted to offer something special to players and our community.” said Stefan Boudon, Senior Director of Content for Assassin’s Creed Mirage. “Assassin’s Creed Mirage is a tribute to the franchise and the original game in particular. We’re bringing you a modern take on the iconic Assassin’s Creed gameplay experience, as well as a deep dive into the rituals and principles of Hidden, which we think old and new fans will really enjoy playing.“.
It was also revealed that the game will be getting a Deluxe Edition and an Assassin’s Creed Mirage Collector’s Case:
- Deluxe Edition: Includes the base game, digital track and artbook, and a digital Deluxe Pack that includes Prince of Persia-inspired clothing, eagle and mount skins, weapons, and more.
- Collector’s Case: Includes a Deluxe Edition Basim high-quality figure (32cm), a unique Steelbook fan-selected design, a mini-art book, a replica of Basim’s brooch, a map of Baghdad, and a track game voice. The bundle will only be available in select countries and can be found at partner retailers and through the Ubisoft Store.
During the event, it was also said that Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, the latest title in the series, will continue to receive exciting updates and content for a second year, and in a few months, Ubisoft will release the “final chapter”, the arc. From the free quests, in which Ivor will meet some of the main characters of the plot, including influential historical figures.
New Assassin’s Creed games
AC fans should be excited as the future of the franchise looks very promising. Mirage is just around the corner, and new games were announced during Ubisoft Forward, including a AAA game set in feudal Japan, a setting that players have been asking for for a long time. Developed by Ubisoft Quebec, Assassin’s Creed RED will feature shinobi costumes for fans.
Other content in the upcoming franchise includes:
- Assassin’s Creed HEXE will be the main title after RED. It is developed by Ubisoft Montreal, the birthplace of the Assassin’s Creed franchise, and has creative director Clint Hawking.
- Assassin’s Creed INFINITY will connect projects and players through a variety of experiences, including Assassin’s Creed games available now and upcoming games such as: RED and HEXE. As part of INFINITY, a standalone multiplayer experience is slated to return to the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
- Assassin’s Creed JADE is a mobile AAA action-adventure RPG set in ancient China. Players will be able to create their own character and discover the story of the first Assassins in the country. The game will be free.
- The Assassin’s Creed Live-action TV series from Ubisoft Film & Television and Netflix will be an epic action adaptation that combines genres from the video game series. In addition, Netflix is working on an exclusive Assassin’s Creed game that will be available on its platform.
“On the franchise’s 15th anniversary, we wanted to honor our players and the people behind the brand, as well as share with fans our ambitions for the future of Assassin’s Creed. We aim to expand the game world and continue to offer immersive and immersive experiences. We have a lot of stories to share, and we want the story to be a playground for all players” said Marc-Alexis Côté, executive producer of Assassin’s Creed.
Assassin’s Creed Mirage will be released in 2023 for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC (via Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store).
Check out what happened in September’s Ubisoft Forward
The publisher’s event brings news about its biggest franchise yet