After a leak a few hours ago, THQ Nordic and developer Pieces Interactive have officially announced Alone in the Dark. It is a reboot of the 1992 survival horror classic and is developed for PS5, Xbox series and PC (Steam).
The release date is unknown, but the game has been in development since 2019 and is currently in alpha.
Anyone attending Gamescom 2022 from August 24th to August 28th will be able to play a teaser game called Grace in the Dark, featuring its own original story. It will be a prologue to the main game and stars the character Grace from Alone in the Dark 2.
THQ Nordic hasn’t said if it plans to release this teaser outside of the event, but since it’s a separate story, it’s likely that it will at some point.
Watch the announcement trailer below:
More info via Steam:
Psychological horror meets Southern Gothic in the classic survival horror game Recreation Alone in the Dark
In this love letter to the groundbreaking first game in the franchise, you experience a harrowing story as one of two protagonists. Play as Edward Carnby or Emily Hartwood and explore the environment, face monsters, solve puzzles and discover the terrifying truth of Derceto Castle…
In the 1920s southern United States, Emily Hartwood’s uncle disappears. Accompanied by private detective Edward Carnby, she embarks on a journey to Derceto Palace, a home for the mentally ill, where something sinister is lurking. You will meet strange villagers, scary worlds, dangerous monsters and solve an evil conspiracy. At the intersection of reality, mystery and madness, an adventure awaits you that will challenge your beliefs. Who can you trust? what will you believe And what will you do next?
– Explore Derzeto Castle in this recreation of Alone in the Dark, a love letter to the 90s horror cult classic.
– Go back to the beginnings of psychological horror and experience the immersive atmosphere of this journey worthy of the game that gave birth to the genre.
– Immerse yourself in a world full of sounds that will shake you and at the same time surprise you with a jazz soundtrack.
– Feel the thrill of desperate survival in a world where reality begins to crumble, evil lurks in the shadows and ammunition is scarce.
– See this nightmare through the eyes of Emily Hartwood or Edward Carnby and learn the dark secrets of the Gothic mansion.
– Immerse yourself in a deep psychological story that goes beyond imagination, written by Mikael Hedberg, screenwriter of SOMA and Amnesia.